Wednesday, October 16, 2013

WEEK 18 - New Freedom: Forgive Them Now! I Am Free! (請按此處收聼廣東話Cantonese podcast click here)



Today's Reading: Matthew 6:14-15

**For a simple and good way of Daily Devotion method please click this link: Subject Shifting Devotion.pdf.


Please click this link to Matthew 6:14-15


Bible Study
     
     Jesus teaches us to pray for forgiveness in the Lord's prayer. He then repeats the message of forgiveness in a deeper way after that. If we forgive, our heavenly Father will also forgive us.  If we do not forgive, our Father will not forgive us.  It all starts with our forgiveness. Why? 
     Bishop N.T. Wright says (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/N._T._Wright):
     The heart that will not open to forgive others will remain closed when God's own forgiveness is offered.

             N.T. Wright. Matthew for Everyone, Part 1. Louisville,KY:Westminster         John Knox Press, 2004, p.60.     

     Do you have some people that you can never forgive? How is that unforgiving affecting you? How can you forgive them? Are you willing to forgive them now by the help of Jesus?

Let's have a time to be still and give the Holy Spirit space to speak through the passage of scripture we have just read. Offer this time up to Jesus as you listen to him, while listening to "Gabriel's Oboe"



Spiritual Journal

     The topic I received from Jesus today is : 
     New freedom: Forgive them now! I am free!

      What I receive from Jesus today is the key to give us freedom. I have seen quite a number of people living in bitterness, anger and depression because they have some people they can never forgive. I know a lady who believed that her sins was something even Jesus could not forgive and she lived her whole life in agony, darkness and depression. In her last few years on earth she could not move and somewhat became a stone. Very, very sad! I think she had someone she could not forgive and her unforgiving sprit killed her.

     When I wrote to this point, I thought that I do not have anyone I can't forgive and I do not have anyone I need to ask for forgiveness. But, I just received a message from Jesus that I have someone I need to ask for forgiveness and I need to do it today. Pray for me now that I can do it today and that reconciliation can happen today. And, I have another person that I need to ask for forgiveness, and another...Oh Lord, is this too much for me? Thank you Lord for your light and guidance! Thank you Lord! I am FREE!

     If you have some people you can't forgive, you better forgive them right now. How? You pray with me now:

     Dear Lord Jesus,
     Please forgive me that I cannot forgive ____ until now. I forgive ____ for ___ hurting me and doing things against me. Pour down your blood to cleanse my sins that I cannot forgive. Help me to have an opportunity to ask for ___ forgiveness and that reconciliation can happen in your good time.  In Jesus name I pray. Amen.  


Questions for group discussion


New Freedom: Forgive Them Now! I Am Free!
新的自由原諒他們! 我自由了!

Passage: Matthew 6:14-15

Questions for group leaders
1. Read Matthew 6:12, 14-15 again now. Why forgiveness starts with our forgiveness? What have you got from Bishop Wright's saying about "The heart that will not open to forgive others will remain closed when God's own forgiveness is offered."? 

2. Do you have some people that you can never forgive? How is that unforgiving affecting you? How can you forgive them? Are you willing to forgive them now by the help of Jesus?

3. Do you have anyone you cannot forgive? Can you share what happen now? Can our small group pray for you now so that you can forgive that person?

4. Are you free now because you can forgive those who you can't forgive? 

5.  What is the highlight for you today? 

Please click this link to worship with us:

10,000 Reasons (Bless the Lord) Matt Redman


You may choose to follow my other daily blog: 
Discipler123(Daily Devotion, with English and Cantonese podcast)

Daily Devotion on Fire 2(One year New Testament): 

Daily Devotion on Fire(3 years and 3 months plan, one chapter a day to finish reading the whole Bible): 

Break.Build(40 days daily devotion- First Baby Step for new Christians, with English and Cantonese podcast): http://www.breakbuild.blogspot.ca/

Emmanuel330 (40 weeks First Step Bible Study, with English and Cantonese podcast):